Skip to main content

Book Review: How To Make Money Blogging By Bob Lotich

[ad_1]

Bob Lotich offers some excellent information in his e-book, How to make Money Blogging. I especially like that he has tried his suggestions, and has had proven success, prior to writing this book. I've been blogging since 2011 and I'm still learning. One of the main things, according to Lotich (and I see why), is that a blogger must be open to learning new things.

This e-book is a bit short, but contains a lot of valuable information. Lotich writes in a short and direct manner, which I happen to like, especially when reading books like this. Lotich also offers a Blogging 101 course for those who are new to running a WordPress blog. He also gives the basic first steps on how to start a blog, including finding a domain name, finding a web hosting package, and installing WordPress.

Lotich offers great advice through his personal, relevant, and honest experiences and opinions. He gives actual websites to help a new (or seasoned) blogger in several areas. He explains the information in a way that's easy to understand for the non-programmers.

Just some of the ideas Lotich offers include:


  • Submitting articles to other sites - of course there are a few ways to do this. I use EzineArticles and GoArticles, which are just two of the sites he suggests. (By the way, WordPress has an EzineArticles plugin, but there isn't one for GoArticles).

  • Affiliate product sales - I looked into this a long time ago, but I am considering revisiting this idea.

  • Joining a directory - I have only begun looking into this (and the sites he suggests).

  • Ads - while I was opposed to ads when I started my blog, I have added them, but I really haven't seen any real revenue from them. Lotich gives suggestions on how to make these ads more effective. I have implemented these suggestions... I'll see if they are more effective now over the next couple of months.

  • Adding specific plugins or widgets to enhance the features and usability of the site.

Having implemented and used some of the practices and companies he has used and suggests, I recommend this (free) ebook (available on Kindle) to anyone interested in, just starting, or has been blogging.

The next book in his series is Pro-Blogging Secrets: Strategies, Tips, and answers You need to Grow Your Blog and Earn More, which can be purchased for $6.99 through the Kindle. I have not read this book yet, so I cannot comment on the quality, but if it is a reflection of How to Make Money Blogging, I'm anticipating that it will be good. You can learn more about Lotich by visiting his site at christianpf.com.


[ad_2]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEO Articles After Google Panda Updates

[ad_1] As an obedient online marketing student, you've been creating content for your websites, trying to please the teacher, ie, Google. However after the recent updates, it seems that pleasing the teacher got a little tougher! Google Panda Update & SEO Articles In Feb 2011, Google came up with the Google Panda update with the intention to improve the search result quality. As a result many sites with a lot of ads and low quality content started to fade off. They were replaced with quality content based sites, social networking sites, news sites etc. In this way Google gave an indication that SEO content writing techniques used previously which included keyword stuffing, spinning etc were out of the window. If you wanted to achieve good SERPs, you have to create SEO articles that are meaningful and need not be too "sales-y". So, what do you do to create effective articles that will please the search engines? Content Based on Keyword Group To begin with forget about s...

SEO - Where Do I Start?

[ad_1] Search engine optimisation (SEO) - The process of impacting the ranking of a website on a search engine's results for specific keywords to gain organic visibility Every search engine combined receives over 6.5 billion searches a day with Google contributing around 4.5 billion of the searches. The benefits of a good SEO are huge, from your sites ranking within keyword searches to increasing the possibility of conversion. As a consequence, developing a good SEO involves many obstacles, the largest being how a search engines rank websites is unknown to everyone. For example, Google uses an algorithm involving over 200 factors to determine the ranking of websites for a specific search yet Google will never release information on any of the factors. But through persistent testing, web designers have been able to identify some factors to include into your website and research. Market knowledge You must know your target market, including understanding the keywords potential visitor...

SEO and Digital Marketing: How to Use Them for Business Promotion

[ad_1] SEO is implemented to optimize a website so that its rank or position in SERP i.e. search engine results page is boosted. It can be attained by executing various strategies as well as techniques to attain higher rankings. SEO is nothing but a subset of digital marketing. Search engine optimization strategy can be divided into main categories: on-page SEO and off-page SEO. Both the strategies are important to the success of an internet marketing campaign, but they are totally different sides of the fence when it comes to boosting one's search engine ranking. On-page SEO deals with your website or about your website pages. Off-page SEO deals with the authority of your website in search engines. To sum it up, what you rank for is completely determined by various on-page SEO factors and how high you rank in all major search engines results page largely determined by off-page SEO factors. Digital marketing and Search Engine Optimization are not synonymous to each other. There a...